What I Got For My 17th Birthday

Saturday, February 07, 2015 Sara Wallflower 24 Comments

Hello everybody!


You may or may not know I’ve celebrated my 17th birthday on 31st January. And besides getting old, I also hate getting presents. I somehow find it meaningless to spend money to buy me things- I mean, it’s just a birthday. I’ll probably start doing my driving test this summer, so I need quite a lot of money and that’s why all of my relatives just gave me money. Because of that I’m only going to share with you what my friends bought me. I would really like to show you all the candies too, but well...I ate them all. :)

My three friends and I, we all celebrate our birthdays in less than a month apart and we all actually wrote on a piece of paper what we want for our birthdays. That was a great idea, as it was easier for me to buy four presents for them and I got what I wished for.

I admit I’m obsessed with any lip products. I have way too many lip balms, lipsticks, lip glosses... So when I saw that my friends got me two lipsticks and two lip glosses I wanted to try them all right there in pizza restaurant.

Well you can also tell from my post Rainbow of Nail Polishes- Summer Nail Polish Favourites I have an excessive number of nail polishes. Thanks to my friends I have even more of them now! I got a blue nail polish, Essence’s Be Berry Now! and Essence’s Candy Crush. I can’t wait to use them all. I also got a nail file, which means I should probably take more care of my nails. But due to climbing are my nails really short and scratched.

I got Essence’s eye shadow (Irresistible lavender dream), this lovely bracelet and some new earrings (earrings are always the right thing to buy me). My sister’s best friend and my friend got me this beautiful plant, which I assume it’s a type of a cactus. I may or may not told her I always forget to water flowers, I’m just that type of a person who forgets about plants and even people.

And last, but not the least- here’s what my sister made for me. She actually told me on the morning of my birthday that she didn’t made me anything, because she had to watch marathon of American Horror Story. I was so angry at her, I didn’t talk to her and I said a few words to her I regret now, but her presents are always the best! And then, when my dad came from work, my parents and my sister gave me my present and then she also gave me what she made for me. She drew some lovely pictures for me, there are M&Ms (my favourite candy) on the cake, a lyrics from There’s a light that never goes out (my favourite song) on the bag... She wrote a beautiful verse and she overwrote the entire lyrics from There’s a light that never goes out. She’s just the sweetest sister in the world, isn’t she?

I can’t even express how grateful I am to my family, all of my relatives and friends. They always make my birthdays special and unforgettable.

I will also write some reviews about the makeup I got, do you have any special requests?

I hope you enjoy reading blog from another teenager!

Love, Sara Wallflower


24 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday dear, you got some great gifts form your friends :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. belated happy birthday
    loving nail paints
    Great Post. Lovely Blog. I am really loving your blog.
    I am following your blog. Hope you will follow back. xxx Keep in touch
    My blog new post is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday girl!!! I'll be 17 this year too, but that's in a few months.

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Looks like you got some amazing gifts.
    I hate getting presents, I never know how to react to them xx
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sara,
    You got really nice stuff, you must be lucky! I just bought Essence eyeshadows today and I'm very exited to start using them. How was yours?

    Jo of saycheesycake.blogspot.nl
    http://www.bloglovin.com/people/saycheesycake-11175483

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Essence's eyesadows, and this one is great too! x

      Delete
  6. yes, I follow you on gfc #106, follow back?

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love lipsticks as well :D Great colors!! Such lovely things :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a lovely birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate getting presents as well, well in a way. I get nervous when I open a present someone has given me or when I give someone a present and I really want them to like it! The lipsticks are beautiful btw!

    Cielo | Building The Confidence: Favorites Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice gifts, the nailpolishes look really cute :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. the packaging of your essence eyeshadow is so cool. I want to look for it.
    A little bit late, but happy birthday.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday, Sara. Awesome nail polish colors.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy belated birthday to you :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love your new lippies!!!

    XO,
    KayElle

    www.MissKayElle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a lovely birthday and that blue nail polish is a lovely colour! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for following me on Twitter, dear. I love finding fellow bloggers :)
    Really cool presents - so many cute and chic things.
    I hope you're ready for a fabulous year being 17. OMG, how long ago was this for me... :D

    Do you want to support each other on Bloglovin as well? I'd love to.

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. What pretty gifts.
    Happy belated birthday dear

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday! Hope you had a very special day and that the rest of the year will be filled with blessings and new happy memories! Your friends seem really sweet!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pink color :D

    http://putrivalentinalim.blogspot.com/2015/02/age-is-just-number-maturity-is-choice.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG i love this blog post, it’s amazing! I like the way you have photographed your presents, i like the angle you have used! Definitely a new follower here! You definitely deserve more followers! Your blog is so cool, i just love the layout and design, it's really modern and cute! Perhaps you could change your header os that it's more eyecatching? Here is a link for some ideas: http://www.somethingswanky.com/2-different-ways-to-make-custom-header/ xox. Apart from that your blog is perfect!

    Seen as i've followed to your blog, would you mind checking out mine? It has taken me ages to design and i just love writing on it, but i don't have much of an audience and you could help to change that! Please please please follow and check out a few of my blog posts, i would appreciate it SOOO much! If you do follow me back, I will add your blog to my ‘blogroll’ as a shoutout! Comment on one of my posts so that i know that you have seen this! xx

    Ellie xxx

    http://www.jellybeanbeauty-28.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello everybody!
Feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think about my blog. I'll read all of them and leave a comment on your blog.
If you start to follow me, don't forget to mention that in a comment, so I can follow you back. :)
Love, Sara