Favourite Drugstore Mascaras

Monday, February 23, 2015 Sara Wallflower 24 Comments

Hello everybody!

I’ve never been obsessed with make-up; I usually don’t even wear it to school, if I go out... But if I do wear it, I always keep it simple- and by simple I mean I usually only use mascara and a lipstick. I have quite thick and long eyelashes; however good mascara can still lengthen, volumize and curl them. I’m going to review three drugstore mascaras I’m using and loving at the moment.

Misslyn: Fabulous lashes mascara (waterproof)
I’ve been using this mascara for around 7 months and it still hasn’t dry out. I’m not a big fan of this one, just because removing waterproof mascara is a challenge. It doesn’t clumps and it makes my lashes look long, but I still sometimes pair this mascara with another one for more curled look. In overall I’m in love with Misslyn: Fabulous lashes mascara and I’ve been using it all the time for the last six months.

Essence: Get BIG! Lashes
I’ve started using this Essence’s mascara probably around two months ago, when my sister gave it to me. I don’t know why, but I just didn’t want to use Essence’s mascaras even though I love every product I’ve used from them. This mascara makes my lashes look long, curled and volumized. I usually apply it in 1-2 coats, or I sometimes pair it with the Misslyn’s mascara. As this one isn’t waterproof, I always end up smudging it all over my face.

Essence: Plump No Clump
I’ve bought this Essence’s mascara this month and I’m loving it ever since I’ve start using it! As the name says, it makes my lashes look volumized without any clumping. Compared to Essence’s Get BIG! Lashes, I’ve noticed that Essence’s Plump No Clump does clump sometimes. I apply this one in 2 coats and I don’t pair it with any other mascara, because it makes my lashes long and curled by itself.

If you’re looking for good mascaras for low prices, I’d definitely recommend buying any of these three. Do you know any great drugstore mascaras you’d recommend buying them?

I hope you enjoy reading blog from another teenager!

Love, Sara Wallflower ♥


24 comments:

  1. I haven't seen of these before! I will keep my out out!
    I love your blog! Following you!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Essence one sounds great - I never use waterproof formulas anyway, and the brand is so affordable!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one: http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/10998/300.jpg

    Very exciting news for awesome people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these yet! Thanks for sharing! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried these mascaras but they sound good x

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried these!! They all look great :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twiterr.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky! I wish I had thick long lashes, with mine it's starting completely from scratch and so I desperately depend on a fantastic mascara.

    I've tried one Essence mascara a while ago (it was a orange and black tube) but didn't find them to be that great. Maybe I'll give it another go.

    christycee.blogspot.ca 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried the Essence I love extreme mascara and I really love it! Essence seems to be the brand for mascara lately!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Essence mascaras are generally really good!!!

    ♥ Mac ♥
    gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never tried these. They look nice.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mascara , nice post ,
    Already follow via gfc (SWEET GIRL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mascara & lipstick are my go to items as well. I've never seen Essence before so I'd love to try Get BIG! Lashes.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  14. my eyes are too sensitive to use this sort of mascaras, but they are lovely
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only use lip balm in school. Haha. I want to try mascara as well and thanks for these suggestions :)

    Have a nice day, Sara!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I generally stay away from Essence mascara but I looove their pink I Heart Stage mascara, maybe I should give these two a try too :)


    MAKE IT RAYNE
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like essence !!!!
    www.maifuorimoda.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. never seen these before..

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm very curious about this Plump No Clump mascara. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would recommend Maybellines Colossal mascara, it's awesome! My essence ones always starts clumping after a while, but not bad for the price.

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never tried these before :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never tried Essence mascara's and after reading your post I might just pick one up to try out. Thanks for the review Sara.

    Thanks btw for leaving nice words on Say Cheesy Cake , I really appreciate it.

    Kisses…

    Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Free of added potentially harmful hormone-altering chemicals and ingredients that may affect teen development such as Phthalates, Bisphenols, Parabens, halogenated phenols (such as Triclosan), Benzophenone-3, Perfluoro (PFAS) compounds, hexylresorcinol, and related ingredients.
    Essence mascaras in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Hello everybody!
Feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think about my blog. I'll read all of them and leave a comment on your blog.
If you start to follow me, don't forget to mention that in a comment, so I can follow you back. :)
Love, Sara