DIY: Summer Candle Holders

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 Sara Wallflower 15 Comments

Hello, everybody!

Summer has started a couple of weeks ago and if you haven’t already decorated your room with some summer decorations, then now it's the time!

I’m going to show you how to quickly make simple summer candle holders. I did them with my mother and sister, so it’s also a great way of spending some quality time with family :).

First, you need:

 -a jam jar (or any glass jar/cup...);

-sand;

-strips/ bows/ other decorations;

-shells;

-small candles;

-a glue gun.

Now take a jar and fill it with sand. You can choose up to where you’ll fill it- I filled mine to about the middle of the jar. 

Then take any strip or bow or tape of any colour and tie it up at the top of the jar. You can also glue strip on the jar or you can wrap the whole jar with it.

After that, take some shells and glue them on strips, jar, put them inside of the jar...




When you finish, put a small candle inside of the jar, light it up and your summer candle holder is done!


I really enjoyed doing my candle holders and I think so will you, as you can free your imagination and do your own candle holders however you want to. They bring a little bit of summer freshness in my room and that way my room is less boring. They’re also easy to do and you can put them outside or inside. I put my mother’s on the outside table, but my sister and I put them in our bedrooms.
Made by my sister
Made by my mother
Made by me

I hope you enjoy reading blog from another teenager! 


Love, Sara Wallflower ♥




15 comments:

  1. Such a cute DIY. I bet the making progress was fun. Absolutely love your creativity!:)xo
    Post more DIY's if you can!:)

    Your new follower!
    Molly Louise Blogs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I'll try and make more DIY's in the summer, as between school year I don't have so much time. :)

      And I follow you too x

      Delete
  2. I love your DIY xx And you have absolutely perfect blog :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really cool <3

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is fab <3
    All are so beautiful

    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much! xx

    I love your blog +I follow you on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really pretty and easy to make. Very creative. Thanks for sharing.
    Would you like to follow each other via gfc?

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!

      and sure, your blog is amazing so I follow you :)

      Delete
  7. what a great idea. they look nice :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those holders are soo cute. I love candles, I have many in my room so I think I am gonna make one, since it is summer.

    Love the idea! Hopefully you will make more diys in the future (because I am following your blog for sure :))

    Mary x

    http://crazyinlife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love candles too, they smell so nice :)

      And I'll try to do more DIY's, I just need an inspiration haha xx

      +I love pictures on your blog and I follow you :)

      Delete
  9. wow such a great ideas, the holders are too cute. You are very creative.
    would love for you to visit my blog when you have time :)
    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello everybody!
Feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think about my blog. I'll read all of them and leave a comment on your blog.
If you start to follow me, don't forget to mention that in a comment, so I can follow you back. :)
Love, Sara